Sunday, September 13, 2015

How a belief in God has blessed my life


Every fall when school starts again my life gets crazy. I know I'm not the only one that this applies to...everyone gets busy with school, work, social life, etc. It sometimes seems like life will never slow down and that everything has to be done at about 900 MPH.

With everything happening so fast, I have become more and more grateful for the fact that I believe in a God. I'm grateful to believe in a Supreme Being who, amid all the chaos that life brings, knows who I am and knows how to best help me. Maybe that sounds funny. But I think it would be incredibly difficult to navigate through life if I didn't have this belief.

Being a college student is a really interesting time of life for a lot of reasons. It's a time of lots of uncertainty--where will we end up in a few years? What should we major in? What degrees should we pursue? The list seems like it goes on forever.

While admittedly there are a lot of things that are uncertain right now, there's one thing that we don't have to wonder about: God is real, He loves us, and He knows all of us individually. He knows who He wants us to become, and He knows how we can get there.

I've studied about prayer and how we can communicate with God. It's a pretty incredible concept to me--that we can communicate with an all-knowing Being who knows us perfectly. We can tell Him our feelings, emotions, and aspirations. We can ask for divine help and He'll help us. I appreciate that although I'm pretty limited as far as my ability to fully express my feelings, God knows what I'm talking about and knows how to bless me. 


To pray to God is one thing, to TRUST Him is another. Google says that To TRUST someone means to "believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of..." that person. I'm grateful to believe in and trust in a God who knows me and knows what He wants me to become. I'm obviously not a perfect example of any of these things, but I am trying my best to trust in God and His plan for me and my life. For me, it relieves so much anxiety and stress to think that a higher power is in charge of my life. If we just do what's right and try our best to improve every day, God will take care of us. It might not be in the way or timetable we'd expect, but He is looking our for our best interests and will take care of us. 
I know that if we put our trust in God and pray with a real desire to learn and receive guidance, He will bless us beyond our ability to comprehend. I've seen it happen in my life. I've received comfort, peace, and a sense of motivation for the future as I've reached out to my Heavenly Father. If you don't feel like you have a relationship with God, I invite you to try praying. Try talking to Him. He wants to talk to you and everyone else. Express your feelings, and see if He doesn't respond. 






No comments:

Post a Comment